No Out-of-State Tuition
Open Door – Admission Requirements
The open door policy means that individuals are eligible to enroll at PWSCC who:
- Have earned a high school diploma or equivalent (GED certificate); or
- Are at least 18 years of age or have been a member of a high school class which has graduated; or
- Are high school students with written permission from a parent/legal guardian, high school official and PWSCC’s Dean of Instruction.
- Any student participating in the high school student early admissions program will receive college grades and a college transcript.
Any duplication in the use of PWSCC credits by high school students to satisfy pre-college requirements is unrelated to the use of these credits at the community college level.
Steps necessary for formal admission to a degree or certificate program
- Apply online at UAOnline (You Must be a US citizen or have a current permanent resident card.)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities and other postsecondary institutions previously attended, to PWSCC Admissions & Records Office.
Any previous Official Transcripts can be mailed to:
Registration – PWSCC
PO Box 97
Valdez AK 99686
- Pay the $25 application fee.
Admission to a degree or certificate program is not required to register for classes at PWSCC. Registration does not imply formal admission to degree programs.
This section of our website is dedicated to helping you complete the entire admission process in as little time as possible. If you have any questions, call us at 907-834-1645 or email admissions AT pwscc DOT edu.
Application Steps for International Students
Please click here to view all the necessary steps for applying as an international student: International Students
Application Steps for Non-Degree Seeking and High School Non-Graduate Students
Please click here to view all the necessary steps for applying as an international student: Non-Degree Seeking & High School Non-Graduate Students